December 11, 2012
Are you still trying to decide what you want for Christmas this year? Have you decided to treat yourself to something special but haven’t quite decided what it’s going to be?
Well, if you have committed to growing your business in 2013, maybe you should consider asking Santa for mobile apps. I’m not talking about Words with Friends or Angry Birds. I’m talking about Calyx Mobile™.
Calyx Mobile connects you to your office—and all your files—no matter where you are. If you get good signal, Point is there for you. You can capture lead information anywhere so that your new business prospects don’t get away. Check on loan status or the status of your entire pipeline—securely. No sensitive data is stored on your phone—everything gets sent directly to your Point® system or your PointCentral® server.
You can only get Calyx Mobile on iPhones or Androids and your software must be the most current version. Free demo files can be downloaded from the Apple Store or Google Play Store so you can decide before you buy. Learn more here.
If you’re playing Santa for yourself and you’re ready to get connected, call your account manager at 800-362-2599 today and ask for Calyx Mobile.
May 3, 2010
Did you know that PointCentral offers you the flexibility to determine the processes your business needs to implement and enforce effective compliance procedures company-wide?
Templates make data entry consistent and accurate when completing the GFE and other regulated forms. A template is a loan file that has been pre-populated with data. You can create a number of different templates for different kinds of loans, GFE fees, etc. If an originator chooses not to use a company-established template, a hard-stop that you define will prevent further processing until all required fields are completed. Using the template will pre-populate the correct fields and allow the originator to continue with the rest of the application.
Complying with MDIA and TILA requires more workflow control. PointCentral allows you to customize rules that trigger based on the conditions that occur in the loan file. For instance, once the GFE and TIL are disclosed, you can trigger a pop-up window that requests that the originator complete additional fields, such as the date of disclosure, APR, and method of delivery. Additionally, since RESPA has zero-tolerance for changing certain fees on the GFE, you can create a rule that disables those particular fields to prevent alterations after initial disclosures have been issued.
If you’d like to see workflow control using rules and templates in action, please contact your account representative at 800-362-2599 for an instructional demo.
April 29, 2010
Are you concerned that your employees are not all on the same page when it comes to ethics and/or compliance? If you are a business owner with multiple loan officers using Point, driving appropriate behavior of your end users can be as simple as upgrading to PointCentral.
Far beyond the convenience of having a centralized document hub accessible from any secure Internet connection, PointCentral allows you to regulate access to your pipeline by individual users so that you can trust your customer data is secure. Advanced security features also enable screen, form, and field customization so that you can establish specific access points and information type. Additional controls like audit trail, field level control and vendor management give you the confidence in knowing you have the tools you need to monitor and manage your business.
With PointCentral, procedures you implement with your employees can be supported by access and action-based rules you set up and control—ensuring continuity and compliance.
Don’t wait any longer for the peace of mind you can get from PointCentral. Call 800-362-2599 or click HERE to schedule a demonstration.
February 3, 2010
As promised, today is all about email marketing materials to multiple
The first thing you must do is create a template.
- From the Navigation Panel, select Templates.
- Click Report & Marketing.
- Click New.
- In the Report Title: field, enter a name for the template.
- (Optional) In the Description: field, enter a description of the template.
- Enter a Field Name of Borrower E-mail and a Field ID of 112. (If you are e-mailing the custom form to all co-borrowers, enter a Field Name of Co-borrower E-mail and a Field ID of 162).
- In the Output Options section, select Use Result For Mail Merge Marketing Document.
- Click Add Link.
- In the Document Type: section, select E-mail.
- In the E-mail Options section, enter the Subject which will show in the Subject field of the e-mail.
- (Required) In the Email Address Field: select the email address field from the drop-down list. (You must enter the e-mail address field into the report template prior to completing this step. You can only use the borrowers e-mail address or the co-borrowers e-mail address)
- In the Email/Custom Letter Content Document section, insert a check next to the custom form document that you are going to e-mail.
◦Use the Create New… or Edit… button if you need to create a new custom form or edit an existing one. See article 0066 Creating and editing custom forms if you are going to create a new custom form to send in a mass e-mail.
- Click OK.
- From the report template window, click File > Save from the Menu bar.
- Enter a File name and click Save.
The second step is to generate the marketing report.
- Generating the marketing report
- From the Navigation Panel, select Reports & Marketing.
- In the Navigation Panel, select the data folders for which you want to generate the e-mail.
- Select Prospect, Borrower, or to Include Co-Borrower.
- From the Workspace, select Marketing.
- Select your marketing report template from the drop-down list.
- Optional) Use the Status and Status Between Date fields to narrow the search results.
- Click Generate.
- The report results window appears.
- Click Generate.
- The Custom letter will open. From the Marketing Tools – Email window, click Send E-mail.
- The custom letter will be sent to each borrower that generated with an e-mail address on the report.
If you’d like to see illustrated instructions on this topic, go to article 0559 on our Knowledge Base or call 800-342-2599 for technical support
January 27, 2010
You were all excited from Monday’s post about creating your own marketing campaign, but then you thought ”Wouldn’t it be nice if my logo appears on all of my marketing materials?” Our developers thought that would be a good idea, too, so they made it possible! And today I’ll tell you how.
- The first step to inserting your company logo on Marketing forms is to tell Point the folder where your Company logo is located on your computer. To import the logo, open Point, click Utilities, select Company Defaults > Marketing Letterhead.
- Click Browse to find the company logo you want to appear at the top of your marketing documents (Point accepts .bmp, .jpg, and .gif files). To automatically adjust the graphic, click the “Auto Fit” check box. You can also adjust the location and size of the image by entering different numbers in the move right/down fields and increasing or decreasing the percentage in the zoom field.
- The company logo you select is unique to each data folder in Point, giving you the ability to have a different logo for each data folder. Your company logo will appear on all marketing printouts from screens located in the Marketing menu in every Point file.
See how easy that is? You are welcome to view the Tip Sheet on Company Logos on our website to see screenshots along with detailed step-by-step instructions. Click here to see this and all available tip sheets. More tips and ideas coming soon, so stay tuned!
January 25, 2010
Did you know that you can create vibrant and effective marketing documents directly through Point? You Can! Point gives you the option to design, build, and print any marketing document through Point, with the capability to merge the documents with your current Point contacts! Market to potential buyers, past clients–whoever you want to—all from Point.
It’s all about creating custom forms. It is really easy and you can make it as fun as you want to. Modify colorful Word templates or design a simple welcome letter—it’s up to you.
- The first step in creating a new custom form is to set up a Custom Form Template. In the Navigation Panel on the left of the Point screen, click the Templates tab. Select the Custom Forms/Letters/Email checkbox and then click the New button. The New Custom Form window appears. Enter a name for the form you want to create, and click OK.
- Microsoft Word® opens, showing a blank document, along with the Point Custom Form window.
- In Microsoft Word, you can create your form, and select Point fields from the Select Point Field dropdown list to insert Point merged fields into your document. Once you select a field, click the Insert button to put it into your document.
- If the field you need is not in the dropdown list, select Other Point Fields Not Listed Above and click Insert. The Insert Point Field window will appear. Enter the Field ID and click Insert.
- When you are finished creating your document, click Save, then click Close.
If you already have templates or documents in MS Word that you’d like to use, we’ve got you covered, too! You can easily import those documents into Point to use with your contacts.
- In Point’s left navigation panel, click the Templates tab. Select the Custom Forms/Letters/Email checkbox, and then click the Import button at the top of the workspace. If the Word document contains Mail Merge fields, the following message appears stating that those fields are no longer available after import. Click Yes.
- The Select Word File(s) to Import box will appear. Highlight the Word file or files you want to import and click Open.
- The document you selected is added to Point.
And you’re done! If you want to see screen shots, you can follow the link here to see instructions for Custom Forms and other tips you can use!